2018/12/30

The Merry and Bright

My favorite time of the year.
It is the hardest and most stressful build up that leads to a few days of joy, calm and love. Why do I get so worked up over the festive season? Because it is so worth it. Making myself extremely busy, just so I can take few days off and be with my family for Christmas. Spending all that time, figuring out the best presents for everyone, because it is so satisfying seeing their happy faces.
My family goes through a lot over the whole year. Work stuff, life stuff and all the other shit. For that reason it is very important for us to spend few days together to be thankful and stuffed with food.


Just like I mentioned, I made sure to work a lot and get myself organized this year, to make sure I can take a few days off. It was crazy and at times I felt like giving up. At one point I actually thought I will not make it to my mums. My flight was 3 hours delayed, I barely packed everything I needed into my suitcase and somehow I managed to forget few gifts at my flat, that were totally supposed to fly with me.
Well one sleepless night and a big cup of coffee later, here I was. Shopping for some clothes with my mum, as I totally forgot to bring anything other then pjs and Christmas Eve dress with me. Oh, silly me.
Over all the four days have been super lovely and I felt more then blessed. I never ate so much food, tried to walk it all out, drank with friends and watched TV, as I did through my holidays. Just best time of the year. Yeah there was a snow missing, but in all honesty, my wardrobe was not ready for that.
Now I am back to work and wondering, when my next holiday will be. Where should I even go? Any suggestions?
Love,
Deni.

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára