2018/10/28

Sweater Weather

Since I created this blog 10 years ago most of the years as soon as leaves turned into warm brown and orange I wrote this post. It has been a few years since sweater weather TAG or challenge has been created. I don' t think anyone knows at this point, who really was the original head behind this.
For those who never heard of the tag, its a few questions related to autumn and you answer them as best as you can. Real simple and personally this has always put me in a nice mood as my candle burns and rain drops fall.


Favorite candle scent:
I have actually surprised myself this time around. I have always been a big fan of pumpkin spices, cinnamon and apple scents. I mean this is a season coming up to Christmas and I am sure mentioned scents help a lot of us feel the festive spirit. I tried something little new though. Black rose and safron candle from Wilko yall. Yes Wilko is killing their game. I loved this scent so much I had to go back and stock up on few more of the candles. Costs about 2 pounds and lasts me for much longer then I expected.

Coffee, tea or hot chocolate:
Now an answer to this question changes around the year for sure. But as it is a fall/autumn related, definitely a coffee. Warms you up and I am so not a morning person. Thanks to the coffee I actually feel a little bit more like a human. Or it might just be a good old placebo. Bu who cares as long as it works, right?

What is the best fall memory you have:
I can' t think of just one particular moment. It is more of an over all feeling that I used to get as soon as October and the whole back to school season happened. My hometown still felt warm and trees turned beautiful orange shades. That actually made me feel even cosier and warm not just on the outside but also inside. The walks on the weekends and looking outside on kids playing in their coats and me doing my homework with fairy lights turned on all over my room. Buying first winter candle and stressing bout things that now seem so small, like school tests or am I gonna be late to a music class or why a certain class mate wasn't talking to the other one. Just classic teen stuff, you know. Every now and again I still think about it and it definitely makes me miss those days. Another one would be weekends away with my dad. Going up to the mountains to take care of our cabin. Preparing wood, having bbq, playing card with fireplace cracking and hiking the next morning. Oh, I miss those days.

Which make-up trend do you prefer- dark lips or winged liner:
Now that is very possibly the hardest question on here, for me to answer. I absolutely love both of them and preferably would wear them together. But if I really had to answer then the liner. It is a part of my everyday routine. Even when I am in a rush I make sure to apply a winged liner. It opens and brightens my eyes. Plus I do work in a salon full of mirrors and the liner makes me feel a lot better about myself.

Best fragrance for fall:
Now I have tried many different scents. From cheaper drugstore once to Burberry and Chanel. My favorite that I really want to go and repurchase would be the one I am using right now. It is a ZARA perfume called 'FLORAL'. As simple as that. It gorgeous and I never had this many compliments on any other perfume. Not even Opium that was so good I actually wrote about it.

Favorite Thanksgiving food:
As I am a Slovakian living in England, thanksgiving has no actual meaning to be and I do not celebrate it. As far as favorite autumnal food goes, it is definitely any comfort food. As this is not the healthiest it becomes more of a treat. My absolute favorite must be my mums version of Potato Paprikash or Paprika potatoes which is super easy and cheap meal to make. I believe it origins in Hungary and makes you feel loved and warm. Other then that I love pretty much everything from Jamie Olivers 'Comfort food' book so you can always check it out for inspiration.

What is autumn like where you live:
It has been surprisingly warm actually. Only the last few days have gone chilly. And as far as rain, you would really think that it would rain like loads. But no. Nada.

Most worn sweater:
I love sweaters so much. I actually really miss them over summer as they are so nice as part of the outfit. But they are really not practical with my profession. The idea of wearing one as I cut someones hair? No matter how big my apron would be, the hair always find a way into the knit. But I did find this real cute rose goldie one at ZARA for a tener. Definitely my favorite for a day off and I am sure it will be in style for a while.

Must have nail polish this fall:
I dont really use polish anymore. I think we all jumped onto the gel/acrylic extensions or gel polishes these days. Lasts you longer and looks great. I have actually been playing with nice fall colors that remind of pumpkins or leaves on the tree. I did fall back in love with simple black color though. Surprise surprise. I used to love just simple rock chick nails back in a day. And i totally understand why.

Football games or jumping into pile of leaves:
I am probably one of ten people living in Liverpool, who do not care for football. Which is so hard, trust me. And as far as the leaves jumping thing... I don' t think anyone does this. Not since I turned 9 i guess. But I do enjoy a nice walk in a park if that counts.

Skinny jeans or leggings:
Depends on a day i guess. I really do love leggings as they are comfortable and easy to style. Jeans though are so much better with the weather we are experiencing right now. So Jeans.

Combat boots or Uggs:
I haven' t worn uggs for good 6 years. At least. I loved them when they became a thing. I remember actually being made fun of by my classmates as this trend has not reached my hometown yet. I know they are warm and all but they do not look good with my outfits. Combat boots on the other hand really do.

Is pumpkin spice worth the hype:
Absolutely. Just depends o what you add it to. It is becoming a bit too crazy these days. We have PS everything. I mean I am sure the other day I saw a cat food with a PS flavor. Like do they even care?

Favorite fall TV show:
My answer would normally be Gilmore girl or Friends. They both give you a cosy familiar feel. Plus have you seen Gilmores intro? That city is stunning during autumn. If it doesnt make you wanna get on a plane and experience it for yourself, there is something wrong. But I have been little cheeky this year and finished rewatching both of mentioned shows just as September started. Now for the first time ever I watched the Love Island. So much drama. I normally would not go for shows like this as it makes me crazy and I can not stop watching. I did actually really enjoy it for a change. So maybe give it a go yourself?

What song really gets you into an autumn spirit:
Anything John Legend. Oh and Norah Jones. Their voices and the songs just bring me back to those autumn moments I wrote about earlier.

What about you? What is your favorite scent and your thoughts on pumpkin spice?

Let me know over on instagram @DeniVev.

Until next time, keep safe and live your life to the fullest
xoxo
DeniVev 

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára