2023/06/20

Oh Baby - Month 2-3

 As a new mum I have decided to start a little series called "Oh Baby". This is where I'll share some things I purchase and my opinion. Did I like them? Did the baby? Was it worth it?

In this first part I wanted to talk about 3 things. A sling carrier I tried at 2months for the first time, Montessori toys we tried since 2 months and dummy clips. 

This is a wrap carrier by RylooBaby. I knew I want to baby wear well before ever being pregnant. The idea of being able to give my baby such closeness and feeling of safety while being real practical and giving me more freedom of movement seemed great. And I was right.
I did search for months as I simply could not make up my mind about a brand and how much money is really worth spending etc. There are high end brands selling these for even close to £100. Now that I knew is not worth it. I purchased one as a gft for a friend few years back from amazon and actually liked it. So I went down that road. 
I am not sure if you noticed but amazon now highlights all the small businesses that sell through them. I absolutely loved that as I reallly want to support small business but do enjoy the fast paced way of amazon.  That is how I discovered RylooBaby. A small business that sells wraps, baby toys and lead feeding utensils. Everything they have is so cute and helpfull. Just like this wrap.
Baby has been absolutely loving being able to watch the world around on our walks, now that she is a bit older. And naps have been so comfy and cosy for her thanks to this since she was 2 months. 
My possibly favorite thing other then the lenght has been the thickness of the material. I have previously seen very flimsy and thin fabrics that just did not seem as sufficient, warm nor long lasting. This one is a lovely thick and good quality fabric. As baby was born in Janurary we went on a lot of cold walks and the warm gave me more reassurence that she won't be cold. While at the ame time I can tell we will be okay in it for a good few months as the strenght will support quiet a bit of a weight. 
Montessori Rattle toys that you are able to hang anywhere! Crib, pram, mobile or swing. I chose these wanting to stimulate my babies brain and development a little more then the hangint toys that her swig chair came with. I do think we tried these toys a little too early as she was not paying any attention to them at first. But once she came up to 4 months and started to enjoy her time in the chair things got much better and fun. She is now 5 months (yes it took me a while to finish this post but hey I am a mama now hahah) and she is fully enjoying them. Playing, kicking, pullin etc. I would recommend getting them. They seem  to be fun to her and the high contrast is very helpful for babas as I am sure any parents or soon to be parents are aware of.
Dummy clips! Oh boy, am I glad I got these. A pack of 3 from amazon. So cute, so useful and yes we are down to only having 2 now. One of our clips got lost on a plane along with a dummy. Don' t ask me how as I still have no clue- it was a bit of a stressful experience okay. Either way, these were a godsend. I currently use one for babas dummy and one for her favorite toy that is strapped to her stroller. At first I loved the fact that no matter if we went on a walk or errand in the pram or carrier wrap, I could always keep a dummy niccely secured on us. Never had to worry about losing it. That is still the case and even more so. Baba is at the stage of having real fun by throwing things onto the ground when she gets bored of them. So you can imagine we would be a couple of dummies and toys short now without these little helpers. Also the fact that ists soft fabric and not some beads has been real nice. Not having to worry about it tearing up or baby getting squashed when she falls asleep on it etc. Plus the little toys seem to keep her entertained too. All round happiness. 


These are just first 3 of maaaany things we have tried over the last few months. Like I mentioned this is from babas 2-3 months when she just about started needing more then bed and bottles for feeding. We have a lot more stuff to share with you. Her bath for example has turned out to be one of my best choices and I will be sharing which one it is very soon!

Are you enjoying this type of content? Don' t worry I am still my old me, obsessed with all things beauty and fashion, but I do have a new side to me now too. I am in my Mum Era and really want to share this journey with you. If you don' t mind. 

Until next time
Deni

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára