2020/08/02

Banana Shampoo and Conditioner by Garnier, is it worth it?

I have been hearing about banana based hair products for a while now and seeing them in pretty much every drugstore. Even had some clients asking me, wether those products are really worth the hype. So as a hairdresser I was intrigued. 
Now I do know that there are a lot of benefits to bananas. They are great for you to eat, add to beauty products and sure, must be great for hair too. After doing some reading I figured out a few things. Biggest benefit of bananas is, as most of us know, pottasium. They are also rich in natural oils, vitamins and carbohydrates. All that means a potential of a great moisturizer and softener. So does it really have the benefits it promises?

To find out I got myself banana and coconut shampoo and conditioner from Garnier. I have loved so many products by this brand over the years, that not much could really surprise me. To really be able to give an honest opinion, I have of course used them a few times. I think I have pretty much used half of the products now and am ready to share my thoughts. 

Yes it smells incredible. I mean bananas and coconut is such a delicious combination, no matter what. I really liked the texture of both of the products. Not only did I need a smaller amount for a good wash etc, it felt thick and straight out of bottle moisturising. Shampoo made my hair feel real clean yet without that weird 'squeeky' feel. That being said, if you do have thicker or longer hair, you 100 percent need coditioner. In case you have a pixie or a bob, shampooing your hair and skipping conditioner now and again would really be possible with this shampoo. It feels soft enough to know you can put a brush through it, but of course in my case, I need that conditioner. Now this is where I really felt the benefits. Just a slight amount makes my hair feel silky and smooth. Once blowdried I get a shine and little less frizz then usual. I am guessing it will take a longer period to really see the benefits, but so far so good.

So in case you need a little extra shine, softness, hydration of not only hair but your scalp (which is a key to healthy hair) I would recommend. But for those whose hair gets oilier and quicker, maybe skip. 

Have you had a go? Tried any banana based products or anything else you would like to see mee test out? 

Until next time
DeniVev

1 komentár: