2022/03/13

Must Watch Part 1

Nothing better then a movie at the end of a long day. Or binge watching a new show on a day off. Having those lazy few hours, where you get to escape into someone else' s world. Forget all about the work stress, life anxiety, politics, relationships. Not thinking about nothing, other then what else is going to go on in the lives of the people on the screen. Are things finally going to work out for them? Can any more crap fall onto their shoulders? Are they going to get embrassed again or perhaps fall in love? 

I love those moments. Just putting my feet up and observing. Letting the characters bring me in. Making me feel like I am right there with them. And over the last few months I watched a lot of things! Some were great, others not so much. I even gave in and started rewatching the whole of Grey' s Anatomy. Now, that is a commitment ay?

But instead of telling you about everything I dove in, I decided to only share a few that I can' t stop recommending to people on daily bases right now.

Five Juanas 
A show that I expected to only have as a background noise. It looked somewhat interesting, but as someone who grew up on tellenovelas and soap operas, I really didn´t thnk I could get sucked into it. Boy was I wrong. By the end of each episode I felt the need to just keep going! So many twists and turns. Unexpected moments, but also plenty you saw coming but still stayed and watched as characters find out for themselves. So easy to watch yet so hard to turn off. 

Only Murders In the Building
Another show full of unexpected moments. As the title suggests, this is a murder mystery story with amazing cast. The show is full of humor, drama, a little bit of romance, real life struggles that you can relate to but most importantly an ending you would not expect. 

I Care a Lot 
Now this one is a movie for a change. Very much inspired by many stories from real life. Which makes it really hard breaking on some level. This movie makes you feel sorry for everyone ho has been wronged straight from the beggining. And by the end you end up feeling sorry even for those responsible for the wrong doing. In my opinion it isn' t always easy to make audience feel sorry for the bad guy, but they really did that with 'I care a lot'.

Endings Beginnings 
Who doesn' t love a bit of romance. Especially with casting as good as this one. It has a love triangle, real relatable troubles, family issues, substance abuse, love scenes that will make you cringe but also dream and a slightly unexpected ending. But my favorite part? Most of the movie has been a complete improv. No lines were given. Director simply gave a storyline and let actors be creative, feel the moment and give their character exactly what they thought was needed. I didn't know this the first time I watched the movie- and I loved it. Watched it again after I found out and omg it is even better.  

Marvellous Mrs. Maisel
I thought that everyone already knew of this hillarious show. But no. Most of the people I meet on the daily have never even heard of the show, but I am about to change that. Main character is 50's jewish housewife in New York. She is funny, beautiful, amazing wife and mother and she is happy. One evening her life completely changes. Her husbands leaves her saying he has been having an affair and no longer can stay married to her. She feels lost. Stumbles into a bar with open mic night and essentially does her little stand up. Not realizing that this will become her life. Absolutelly hillarious, well written, with real struggleseven though the show is set in the 50's to beggin with and the costumes. Work of art. 

There are so many more amazing thing out there that I really want to share with you, but for now sthis will be it. Would you like more? Should I make this a regular thing? 

Until next time
DeniVev

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára