2020/04/05

Creativity Flow part.1 - P.Wojciechowska

I like to think of myself as a pretty creative human being. I gather inspiration from all around me. Current events, nature, buildings. music, people ...
I love to make art (even if it is just a doodle on my notepad), capture photographs, hair styling, sewing and more. These days I found myself struggling for inspiration. Finding my creative flow as everything around me stands still. Yet I noticed some of my favorite creators continuing to make something new every day. And this is a segment, where I will share with you, for next couple of weeks, some of them. Artists who still manage to amaze me. 

Paula Wojciechowska
 
 

A talented photographer based in Liverpool,UK. I heard about Paula few months ago through a mutual connection. I looked at her work and stayed in awe. She creates photographs that move me. Almost literally as she manages to capture dancers doing their magic and making you wanna experience the love for movement that they have. Shows the beauty and serenity of everyone and everything around her. You can really get a glance at how she sees a world through the way she captures it 

Last few weeks I especially had to contact her and let her know, that she is giving my little creative juices a kick. Creating isolation content that is still keeping it real. Does not hide a seriousness of the current situation in the world, yet makes you feel more positive and hyped about life. She literally leaves you with a message that comes with every photograph she creates. Message that is motivational, constructive yet a little sarcastic at times.
I really just felt a certain amount of hope and creativity whenever I saw a new post from her. 


 
After talking to Paula briefly about how she feels these days, she left us all a little message to help us through our days.
'First and foremost, don’t worry if you have not done enough. I hope that feeling never goes away for me. Always have that clock in my head which is motivating but draining at the same time. I started this whole hashtag series (#coronavirusliverpoolday) to find balance. Obviously I can’t do any photoshoots with people now except myself so thought I could start taking photos around my tiny flat. Just to keep going, keep growing. This is my way to sometimes push myself, get out of the bed and be creative, take a shoot and play with it so this boring photo of me making pancakes will not be that plain after all. At first, I wasn’t sure because when all this happened I was terrified, I was panicking and constantly anxious about my family and friends, about my carrier when everything slows down, about the world. But then one of my special people came out with this saying ‘Use it. Take photo every day, around your house, around Liverpool. Don’t let it make you quit what you are good at’. Turns out it became my own therapy. No one is perfect. We all have ups and downs but I reckon the cure for it is in those little things like food, good tv show or walk once in a week lol. My point is, if you cook, cook something you never cooked, go on youtube for a fancy recipe. If you watching Netflix, new tv show. Try to find out more about the cast or the details from the show that you’ve missed while watching it. When you go for a walk pay attention to detail, be more observant and when you come back home draw/write what you saw or felt during your walk. What I’m trying to say here is you should focus on THE BIGGER PICTURE.
The scary times are the mother of invention. We have no clue how many incredible things will be created out of it. Ryan Serhant says in his video about the greatest stuff that came from World War II or Great Recession like Superman comic book. Can you believe it? I looking forward to seeing our talented world turning this tragic pandemic into the most revolutionary moment we all are gonna remember because the remarkable things will be born from this upsetting time.'

I couldn't agree more with her words. We need to start embracing what we can. Experiment with the little opportunity we now have and make something out of it. It will only make us stronger and maybe some magic will come out of this crazy time. 

There are only a few people who I really find moving and inspirational in a way I need right now. I will be sharing them with you soon and hopefully we will all come out of this feeling more pumped then ever. Maybe this isolation will make us appreciate art and what we can create for ourselves more. 

Do check out more from Paula and show her some love : @PaulaWojciechowska

Until next time
DeniVev



Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára