2019/08/15

Pohoda Festival



I have never thought there will be a festival where Id be this chilled and happy at. Me and my anxiety always over think everything. Im a huge fan of music and love gigs. But the mentioned anxiety stops me from actually attending any. Once my sister said, she is taking me to Pohoda Festival in Slovakia, I was so unsure of going. It means I have to fly over, take trains, camp and be pushed around in a crowd for three days. Boy was I wrong for all the nerves.


 The set up of the whole event was so well thought out. Festival crew prepared special trains to make our journey a lot more enjoyable. Train only took over an hour and was a lot more comfortable then I expected. I remember being younger and seeing all my friends cramped on top of each other in the oldest trains possible, wishing they were home. This was a well better experience.
 We have definitely arrived to heaven. Okay maybe not exactly. Pohoda Festival takes place every year at an old airport runway in Trencin. Massive space used to have the most chilled weekend full of love. The first day was absolutely stunning. Sun was shining, I had a cider in hand and a scarf bow in my hair. Of course.
 Line up had a huge variety of different genres. 5 stages constantly booming. You always had someone to watch or something to do. And in case you felt like being more productive, you could hide in one of many tents with workshops or interviews with celebrities, stand up comedy or even educational talks.
I was lucky enough for my fav musicians from line up to be nicely spreaded through the 3 days. First night started with The 1975 who were followed by Skepta. Artist I was most looking forward to. The energy the moment he stepped out was something else. Noone could stay still. Everyone bouncing around, drinks flying into the air and hands dancing in the rythm. Unfortunatelly Lykke Li who was supossed to perform on second night had to cancel but we managed to have loads of fun either way. My sisters choice of band Korben Dallas was quit the experience too. Just before their show a bit of a storm started coming our way. 17 minutes into their set, they had to take a break as it started being a little too dangerous for us to stand around. This is where I loved how attentive and caring the crew was. We were advised to hide in one of their tents that were made secure for this type of situation. And as soon as the worst has blown over Korben Dallas resumed and continued. Amazing isnt enough of a word to describe. My last dot to a weekend was hearing Liam Gallagher. Now his new music might not be on my playlist but the fact that he sang Oasis- Wonderwall was bringing me to tears. I have never thought Id hear this song from him live ever again.

 Oh and dont get me started on food. After drinking all the cider in the world I had pizza, donuts, 'halusky' which is a slovakian classic as well as 'posuch' and 'langos'. We ate all the hot dogs and drank all the coffee. The options were endless. One day it actually took us good 40 minutes to choose our breakfast.

 One thing I would definitely advice to everyone who wants to go to a festival, especially if you are camping, bring layers. Socks and sneakers are your best friend. Make sure to cover that head. And be safe and do pack a raincoat. I know, as a fashion lover myself, it is hard to choose outfits when you wanna be instagram ready 24/7 but try to make them also practical. That is what I have done. Simple and comfy outfits that I am okay to lay around in or sit in any type of grass and then just accessories.
 Also an obsession of a summer has been my belt bag. I was so skeptic bout buying it but now I am so happy I did. Packs all you need and keeps your hands free to dance around.



 Over all one of the best experiences to this day. So much fun. I mean what more can a girl ask for? Sun, music, sister by her side, cider, great food, sun and chill.

Maybe see you next year?
Until next time, keep safe and live your life to the fullest
DeniVev




Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára