2019/01/15

15 things to do before you turn 30

Few weeks back I have been sitting at a bar with my best friend and as you do, we started talking about our future. Sharing our dreams and goals, as much as disappointments. As we were growing up our fantasies have been so vibrant and ideas of our future were crazy. We went from being pop stars through mummies all the way to big successful women. Lawyer and a business woman.
We all know that things don' t always turn out as you would expect. Life happens, mistakes are done, relationships come into a way, compromises get made and you sometime don' t end up exactly where you planned. This could be a bad or even amazing thing.


Then my friend mentioned this article she saw about 15 things we should all do before we turn 30. We are still in our early 20s so there is plenty time, but reflecting and realizing where we at with our life is nice. I have actually read a lot of these similar posts and blogs about what others think you should experience. That had me thinking about my life. I realized that it really did take some balls for me to get where I am and I felt pretty good about myself.
That is, i guess, why I wanted to share these few points with you and hopefully you will feel the same way. Or it will give you a little motivation. Seeing these and now knowing what I could still achieve to tick all the boxes has me pretty pumped about next few years.

1) Head out for solo travel.
Personally I do little bit of solo travel every time I go back home and it feels great to have that space to yourself, do as you like and on your own time table. It feels great but it is not the real proper solo travel. It is on my list though. In 2018 I realized I have friends all over the world. I have not gone to see any of them in a long time or ever. It is so time to change that.

2) Travel to a poor country and do a volunteer work.
This is where we joked about actually being from poor country and every work we ever did was pretty much a volunteer work. Cleaning the beach from rubbish, helping with school gardens and even our summer jobs. Yeah we got paid for the last one, but compared to most of the world, our salary was so funny, we might as well have done volunteer work. All jokes aside, I do think we should all help each other out, especially to the once less fortunate from us. So lets put this on my list too. Maybe I can connect it to the solo travel.

3) Learn to play an instrument.
Done! I have been doing music classes and playing a recorder since I was 5 or 6. Never thought this would come in handy, but hey, look I can totally tick this off the list. Look at me now mum!

4) Get over something that frightens you (spiders, snakes, darkness, camping, hard hike...).
Thanks to my family, I had to get over a lot of my little fears, all my life. Hikes, rock climbing, treasure hunt at midnight in the woods, flying... My childhood has been filled with so much adrenaline and things that made me uncomfortable. I guess now it helps me to never feel like I can' t do something. If I did all that, when my fears seemed so big, I am sure I can do a lot more now. Still being a scary cat that I am , I would like to learn to watch scary movies on my own and still being okay to fall asleep. Don' t think that will ever happen, but I can give it a go.

5) Learn to cook.
This is a little tricky to me. Do they mean any cooking or like follow recipe for everything there is to cook.  I do know how to cook. I fed a lot of my friends, my family and my partner and they usually stay away from complaints. Even the picky eaters. SO I guess thats a check on my list.

6) Learn any other language then English.
I can totally speak 3 languages. Two of which are very similar. There are basics or Hungarian, little rusty German and I am currently studying Spanish. I love languages so there will never be a problem with this task for me.

7) Achieve one of your travel dreams.
I had a chance to travel to a few pretty amazing places. I even went to cities, a lot of my friends still dream about. This year I have 3 destinations in mind and would love for at least one of them to become a reality. Croatia, Barcelona and Miami. I will keep you posted what comes out of this.

8) Start saving for your pension.
Check. I have good life insurance set up that also helps me save some money for emergency or as mentioned, a pension. So recommend doing this.

9) Achieve self love and reminding yourself of how amazing you are, every day.
If you read my previous posts, you know I have always struggled with this. Just last year I went from feeling like a boss ass woman to not having a clue who I am. Slowly built a love to myself back up. And now I am fully in love with myself. With all the things I achieved and still plan to work on.

10) Get outside your comfort zone and go after your dream.
For me this has one hundred percent happened back in 2014. Where I am from, you have to follow a certain pattern. A formula that society has formed up and once you get out of the line, you suck. That is why I think the decision to leave a country, forget about university and head for a blank page abroad has been so far outside my comfrot zone. I could not have been any happier with my decision. It is hard to live like this, every single day but I would not have it any other way.

11) Get a job that you love.
Check. It took me a while to come to a decision to make my hobby into a job. Now I know why people say, if you do what you love, you' ll never work a day in your life. At this point I would just love to convert even more of my hobbies into a job. Writing? Fashion? Photography? We shall see.

12) Stop underestimating your health and start looking after yourself.
This definitely comes with self love. You know I am a sucker for me time, yet the actual body\health care I struggle with. I get a cold so often. My whole body hurts like all the time and even my friend giggled when I read this point. She looked at me, with that 'yeah you know they are talking to you, girl' kind of a look.  I suck with looking after my health. I always seem to put everyone before me. I am slowly realizing that this is a bad habit that I saw at my mum my whole life. She always made sure to do all her work and care for us, before she even got close to caring bout herself. I guess we both need to change this.

13) Find a sport you love.
Oh boy, do I need to get back into that pool. I grew up swimming and my mums and sisters life is a swimming club they take care of. It has been such a big part of my life and not only is it good for your body, it helps your mind. So looking forward to jumping back into that water soon.

14) Remove toxic people from your life.
Done and hopefully I will just stay on that track. It is just far too exhausting not having the right people in your life. Sometimes we don' t even realize this, yet we all have someone like this around us. Just break it off, shake hands and separate.

15) Live in a foreign country for a while.
I mean... DONE! Recommend. One hundred percent. DO it!

I have realized while going through these, that I have already accomplished so much in my still young life. Feel so happy about myself and extremely hopeful about my future.
Have  you gone through this list? How do you feel?
Did it kick your butt and made you set a new goal or are you a superwoman\man and done all this.

Love,
Deni

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára