2020/11/13

5 Essentials getting me through October

 This year, as you may have noticed, has been odd. It is no news that we should all try to enjoy all the little simple things in life. But this year it is more important then ever. So I started noticing all the little things that I have been enjoying this month. And per usual I am sharing them with you.

HAIR CARE

I have  been naughty during lockdown and did exactly what I asked my clients to refrain from. I did a whole color change on myself. It does make me happy to be back to blonde, but it does mean I had to update my hair care routine. Blonde hair is such a high maintanence so I started mousturizing my hair more then ever. And you know what? I have been loving it. Regularly trimming my ends, doing regular conditioning treatments, deep conditioning now and again, using leave in conditioner etc. All of this actually made my hair so rejuvinated, that my natural wave from years ago popped back in. I will show you what I have been using and loving  soon. This time I wanted to share this Garnier hair mask. If you saw I receantly talked bout their banana line and how much I loved it. That is why I was eager to try their Aloe Vera and coconut hair food mask. Aloe Vera is incredible source of proteolytic enzymes. Those actually repair dead skin cells. That is why a lot of people use it after getting cut or burned. In my case they work like magic in fight with psoriasis which is essentially layers of dead skin cells that are not getting the nutrients they need. After just one use my scalp felt like new, which as you can imagine made me very happy. In adition Aloe is great for your hair as it makes it silky, smooth and shiny. So over all I would deffinitelly recomend this mask if you are looking for a quick drug store grab.

SKIN CARE

Moving slightly downwards, face masks. A big staple in my family. Me and my sister, we both seem to be obsessed with them and as she finds it a little harder finding a big variety of masks in her area, I am happy to play a quinea pig for her. Even though we do have slightly different skin types, they are similar enough, that everytime I try something I think is worth using, I sent it right over to her. This time I tried this sheet mask by Simple. I have never tried any skincare from this brand, so I thought I' d give it a go. I am happy to report that this packaging is not lying about the rich mousturizing. My skin felt incredible. Soft and silky with natural dewyness and glow. The price was also great. I know I am going to hunt this one down again. 

BBQ AND CHILL

We can all agree that 2020 has been an odd one. So much happening with pandemic, UK being on the second lockdown this year, protests, US elections (which yes I know I don't live in US but I like to keep general tabs on worldwide politics as it all can easily effect country you live in), I have been out of work most of the year and then there was way too much personal drama. So much madness everywhere around us, that I found it crazy calming and helpfull to have these little BBQ nights with my love.  I try to think of this whole situation, as us being lucky enough to have all this spare time, that we can spend together. Prepare nice food, eat, drink (responsibly), chat, listen to music or complete silence and relax. 

READING

This year has deffinitelly been the year of books and new stories for me. I honestly haven' t read this much in probably 5 years. Bare in mind that 5 years ago I went to college where I deffinitelly had a lot of books and studying to go through. Yeah that is how much I got into reading this year. Sure, I had a looooot more time now but I also just fell back in love with falling into different reality. Here I am sharing more of an autobiography from two of my long time favorite bloggers/vloggers Lucia and Nicole. 10 years with my sister takes you on a journey of how they got where they are right now, as far as their career goes (mostly). I loved seeing the similarities of their lives with mine from the very beginning of this blogger crazyness. We seemed to have gotten into this the same exact way. If you are a Slovakian or Czech reader and you enjoy reading little 'how did I get here' books, this one should be on your list. 
Autobiographies are super fun, especially from people who work in an industry you yourself are in or are interested in. But my obsession is novels. Especially romantic or fantasy novels. This is a genre I have always been a fan of, yet recently thanks to the huge success of TikTok, I found so many book worms like me, who are giving me the best recommendations. I will make sure to share some of these book worms and books I have been loving soon. 

COFFEE

If you are one of my long time readers, you know I have had a slight obsession with coffee since I was 16. And while scientists are busy arguing about the good and bad effects of caffein, I am enjoying this ride. In all those years though, I have very rarely been into any special flavours of my cup of joe. I am more of an white coffee, cappuccino or latte kind of girl. I even have the occassional V60 that my sister loves so much. But other then ordering occassional Mocha at cafes I always kept it pretty simple. Well about a month ago I grabbed this instant pumpkin spice flavoured coffee. I tried adding tiny scoop into my french pressed coffee and that was that. I really became the basic b. Even though I dont have it every day, I really do look forward to the cup when I do add some in. Yes, maybe I should just get a pumpkin spice syrup (at least it will completely disolve unlike this one) but you know what, for now this will do. I am hooked. 

And those are just a few little things that have been helping me get through this crazy year. Little moments I look forward to and learned to appreciate and savour. Yes I am still looking forward to being able to relax in a restaurant for longer then an hour window, being able to fly home to see my family without any crazy quarantine, getting on a plane and head the other direction to see my loves hometown, enjoy a beach, standard boring news that won' t ruin your mood .... 
But for now, these little moments are real precious to me.

So tell me, what have been your little moments. What is keeping you going?
Till next time
DeniVev



Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára